Friday 12 July 2013

OPI & Rich Sapphire - a super match-up!

O.P.I's - From A to Zurich + Rich Sapphire by ASK Cosmetics Inc.
 
 
 
This little package has been waiting long enough to be put to use and testing!  It claims to create Perfect Tips & Toes - we'll see....
 
Start with a solid application of the base colour, which is one of my absolute favourites to work with - OPI's "A to Zurich".
 
Next step is to carefully stick on the strips.  Note - wait long enough so that your base shades is completely dry!  I am guilty of being so excited and anxious to try new things that I don't wait long enough.  This results in flaws and huge disappointment - believe me; I'm speaking from experience. 
 
What I would do differently the second time:  a)  I would be more careful in placing these strips on my nails.  As you can see from the two photos above, the strip on my pinky finger is not straight; b) I would not have a rounded nail shape.  I think this kind of manicure looks best on square-shaped nails.
 
Then, take the plunge by applying the second, contrasting shade to add the punch of colour to your tips.  In this case, I used "Rich Sapphire" by ASK Cosmetics Inc. of Canada.
 
Now, wait a bit longer for everything to dry nicely.  The final step is, of course, applying a good quality top coat to ensure a longer-lasting manicure and to add extra shine to your awesome job.
 
I finish off every manicure with a cuticle treatment using TIPS Nail Conditioner.  While wearing nail polish TIPS Nail Conditioner should be applied daily, but not over the polish but around the skin surrounding the nail and on the cuticles. 
 
NOTHING can penetrate through nail polish.  Therefore, any nailcare products that claim to nourish and strengthen your nails when applied as a top coat or over nail polish are misleading and simply can't do any goodness.
 
There you have it!  Have you ever tried a manicure like this before? 
 
 

 
 

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment