Tuesday 16 July 2013

3 Reasons why the Skin Conditioning Milk by ASK Cosmetics is fragrance-free & Perfume Pointers by New Beauty



Why would any cosmetic company formulate and sell a skin lotion having little or no fragance?
 
 
Seen here is the 4 oz. (120 mL) bottle size of ASK Cosmetics' Skin Conditioning Milk.  There is also a travel size having 2 oz. (60 mL)  available as well. 
 
It's true that "scent sells" nowadays.  We all have our personal perferences and what we ultimately choose to wear on our bodies indicates our personality.  With all the different, complex scents out there it is no wonder that our noses are subjected to many pleasant and some not so pleasant scents.  But the real problem lies with the people who display allergic reactions to certain fragrances.  This number is growing year after year.  Check more about fragrance sensitivies and allergies here.
 
 
This brings us to Reason #1:  The Skin Conditioning Milk by ASK Cosmetics is formulated to have little or no fragrance in order not to irritate people's noses causing potential allergic reactions. 
 
It is a well-know fact that allergies of all sorts are on the rise and have been for a long time now.  We receive countless calls inquiring about certain ingredients, which may provoke a reaction if the customer applied it to their skin.
 
 
Seen here is the travel size (2 oz./60 mL) bottle which is very convenient to keep in your car, purse or carry-on bag.  My husband has one in his truck and applies it when he needs it.
 
 
Reason # 2:  ASK Cosmetics would like their Skin Conditioning Milk to be gender-friendly.  All the cosmetic products:  nail, skin as well as hair care items have little to no fragance thereby making them acceptable for use by the male population too.  Many men including my husband use and enjoy the benefits of the Skin Milk as it quickly penetrates, doesn't leave a waxy feeling on the skin and doesn't make them smell "fruity or flowery". 
 
 
Just to show you have strong a fragrance might come across to others I will share a personal story that happened to me a few weeks ago.  My daily morning routine involves showering and shampooing my hair every single day.  Being a person who loves fragrance I often choose a body wash with a particular scent that I like.  Often times in summer it is something with tropical scents or a beachy fragrance.  If I am only working from home, I refrain from any extra fragrance.  Side note - my favourite has been Acqua di Joia by Armani for some time now. 
 
Well, on that day I had only used my usual body wash.  In the afternoon, I had to mail some letters so I made my way to the post office.  The lady working there kept sniffing and asked me what perfume I was wearing and I replied "none today".  She said she could smell coconut very clearly.  And I didn't suspect it was from me at all.  When I returned home, I went to the bathroom and looked at my body wash.  Sure enough, my wash had a coconut fragrance to it.
 
What was so incredible for me, was the fact that she could smell this scent so clearly several hours after using it.  This goes to show how powerful the scents in your body washes, body lotions, facial lotions, shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, etc really are. 
 
This is a lead-in to Reason # 3:  Your body lotion should in no way have to compete with the fragrance you are wearing or any other scent that you may have used.  Therefore, ASK Cosmetics has chosen to keep their Skin Milk very neutral so as not to create competition for your favourite scent.
 

 
For more information on ASK Cosmetics and their line-up of innovative, enhancing products, visit ASK Cosmetics website & online shop
 
 
Recently I found an excellent, short article on
 
After reading it I came away with two really valuable tips:
Remember just because you do not smell your perfume all day long doesn't mean others don't.  You're applying the right amount if you can smell the fragrance you have on in soft, sporadic whiffs.
 
I thoroughly enjoyed writing this for you and I hope you have just as much enjoyment reading it.  Be sure to follow us for more up-to-date information and news from the world of beauty and cosmetics.  Take care and til next time, 
Lisa M.
 
What is your go-to fragrance at the moment?
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment